Explore STEM concepts while building a motorised Swing Ride! Using the materials included in this set, middle-school aged children will be engaged and energised as they further their knowledge and understanding of the science, technology, engineering and maths concepts associated with a real-life amusement park ride. The set includes over 470 parts plus a battery-powered motor for a single child or team of 2-3 children to build a working Swing Ride, plus 2 additional models: a Ferris Wheel and a Boom Ride (each model can be built one at a time). Once built, a downloadable booklet guides students through 3 hands-on, inquiry-based experiments on each of the models. Students will learn about how mass affects speed, how to gear-up and gear down, and much more! The Experiment Guide is aligned to national STEM standards and is appropriate for grade levels 5-9. Requires 2 “AA” batteries, not included.
- Build your own working model of the classic 1966 Porsche 911 engine
- 1:4 scale motorized model engine
- Contains over 280 components
- Adult supervision recommended
- With detailed step-by-step instructions
- Requires 3x AA batteries (not included)