This 4 player shut the box game is great fun for the family, utilising basic maths skills, luck and tactics, this game is sure to be hit with everyone as you compete to be the first to shut the box.
How to play:
Each player has a line of numbers from 1-10 in front of them, the object of the game is to get as many of them ‘flipped’ as possible (ideally all of them), Here’s how to play,
Each player gets one turn, on that turn, they roll a pair of 6 sided dice, they can then chose to flip either the total result of the pair rolled or the sum of its parts.
For example; If I rolled the pair of dice and they landed on a 2 and a 5, I could either, flip-up the 7 (Because 5+2 is 7) or flip-up any number of tabs that total 7 (2 & 5 / 3 & 4 / 1, 2 & 4 etc.).
After this roll has been resolved, the player rolls again and repeats the process until the number that is rolled cannot be made using the available numbers left.
When this happens, that player’s turn is over and they add up the total of the remaining un-flipped numbers (that is their score) Play then moves clockwise until everyone has had a turn.
The player with the lowest score wins.
However, if a player is successful in flipping up every number they have ‘Shut the box’ and doubles the score of every other player (In the event that multiple people shut the box the score for the other players is only doubled once).
Keep a note of the scores for that round and set a number to avoid (For Example, If a player accrues a total of 101 points out of all the games played then they are ‘Out’, the last person standing is the overall winner – though, this threshold can be changed freely depending on how long you want the game night to be)
The product’s approximate dimensions are (W) 29cm x (L) 29cm x (D) 3.5cm
- Step back into the 90's: bring back the golden era of video rentals with a movie game for teenagers and adults alike.
- Triple Charades Jeopardy: Choose 3 classic films and race to describe, quote and act them out for the rest of your team.
- Movie Buzzer Battle: Challenge a player to a head-to-head showdown and shout out as many movies as you can before the time runs out.
- Perfect Practice for Hollywood: Kickstart your career in showbiz as you take on charades for 200 different movies.
- Easy to learn, quick to play: A family party game for adults and teenagers ages 12 and up.
- Recommended for 4-12 players.